WHO CAN VOTE
All graduate students in the School of Divinity, School of Social Service Administration, Division of the Social Sciences, Division of the Humanities, Division of the Biological Sciences, and Division of the Physical Sciences who are or were compensated as full-time and regular part-time teaching assistants, research assistants, course assistants, workshop coordinators, writing interns, preceptors, language assistants, instructors, lecturers, lectors, and teaching interns, in at least one quarter of Autumn 2016, Winter 2017, Spring 2017, Summer 2017, or Autumn 2017, and who have not yet attained their degree or otherwise completed their course of study.
WHERE TO VOTE
Voting will take place on October 17 and 18 from 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM. The NLRB’s Regional Director has specified that voting will occur at Regenstein Room A-11; Stuart Hall/Cox Lounge; Kent Room 114; and Hinds Room 176.
Viewpoints and Resources
- Stop and Think: Student Website
- Graduate Council: UChicago Grad Council Resources on Unionization
- UChicago Messages on Unionization
- NLRB Hearing Updates and Documents
- Case Study: Summary of Union Grievances at NYU & Yale
- Basic Guide to the National Labor Relations Act
- Graduate Student Perspectives:
- Faculty Perspectives:
- Should UChicago PhD Students in the Humanities Join a Union?
- From Mentor to Manager
- Message from Prof. David Nirenberg on May 25, 2017
- Message from Prof. Yali Amit
- Message from Prof. Victoria Prince and Prof. Kenneth Polonsky
- Message from Physical Sciences Division Dean Edward Kolb
- Message from Prof. David Nirenberg on October 15, 2017
- Statement on Messages from the Deans of BSD and PSD
Links to Union Advocacy